Thursday, June 18, 2009

Update Thursday: 3rd Week of June

Well, this week saw my savings account getting zapped for service charges (due, I believe, for the balance dropping below $100).  As a result, although there was still forward progress made, it still wasn’t as much as I’d hoped.

Initially, our balance in our checking account dropped below $1,000 for the first time since fall of last year.  Coupled with the fact that we have no emergency fund in place makes things a bit sticky.  However, even with the transfer, we also had some extra income, and it allowed us to get current in all but two categories.  I anticipate getting caught up in those by week 1 of July.

Also, my current plan is to see about getting some passive streams of income going.  I’m not exactly sure what I’m going to do just yet, but I do know that I’m not happy with the amount of progress being made – I’d like to have an extra $1,000/month to throw against debt, and be done with it in the next 2-3 years.

Start of the Month:

$4,049

Start of the Week:

4,017

Now:

3,988

Total Paid Off This Week:

29

Total Paid Off:

61

Goal:

117

Left to Pay Off for Goal:

56

 
The economy being what it is, I’m grateful I’ve got a job and that the numbers continue to decrease, though.
 

3 comments:

  1. hey, it's step by step...as long as the number keeps going down, it will eventually get to zero... i was looking into other sources of income.. u can read my post on ehow to see if it's something u'd be interested in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm grateful my wife got a job because now I'm being laid off. My severance will last long enough to get to a point where her insurance can start in August. I know the economy is ugly but there's still a lot of stuff out there for IT people like myself, contract work. Some places pay anywhere from $25-65 an hour. At any rate I'm not the type that can tolerate being unemployed so it's not going to be for long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. man, Jim, I am really sorry to hear that! I hope you find something quick!

    ReplyDelete