Wednesday, July 23, 2008

IKEA

IKEA is a great store, but, unfortunately, the closest we get to it is about a 45 minute drive.  We like the prices on the furniture, and we like the decorating ideas we get when we go.  Someday, when we actually purchase a house and get around to the remodeling stage, I’m betting our IKEA budget line will skyrocket…

Anyway, in a move to save on electricity, we decided to go last night and grab a FROST drying rack.  We wandered around a bit, looking at all the new displays, and ran across a different drying rack right next to the FROST.  This one looked a little bigger and sturdier, but it was also more expensive.  After much evaluation, we decided to go with the larger one.  I’ll report after we’ve tested it thoroughly.

We got up to the checkout, and I noticed a new promotion.  If you make your purchase via debit card, they’ll give you a gift card worth 3% of your purchase for your next trip.  Since we don’t make it out there too often, I opted to put it on the Discover Card, where I make 1% (or maybe 2%, can’t remember) in cash back on the card.  But, whenever I go to remodel the kitchen, guaranteed I’ll be taking advantage of that deal…

1 comment:

  1. My entire first house was built with IKEA furniture - I'm nearly a registered professional IKEA desk, table, chair, stool, kids toy, gate, etc builder now... :)

    ReplyDelete