Friday, May 1, 2009

May Goals

Well, its time that I set some goals again.  I now have over $4,000 in credit card debt, so I’ve got to attack that.  For the time being, I’d like to at least see 10% worth of progress every month against that number.  That’s fairly aggressive, since I’m only allocating about $160 against that in my budget.  So, I’ll need to figure out how to get the additional $264.  This pays the credit cards off by March of 2010.  I’d really like to be done with the credit cards this year, and be down to the student loan, our car, and our house.  We’ll see how this all works out.

So, I’ve got $4,280 in credit card debt.  My goal for May 2009 is $428.  We’ll see if its a doable goal, and adjust June as necessary.

2 comments:

  1. Is that 10% gone per month or just for May? Have you ever heard of the 10% of your take home pay? That's a John Commuta concept but regardless it makes sense. I think you'll be able to get rid of the credit card debt pretty quickly. My wife and I are still tackling our credit cards but one day it'll be gone. After that we really have to chip away at our 100k+ worth of student loans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping to get 10% for May - after that, my wife's income will basically disappear, so I'll just have to see what I can do in June...

    ReplyDelete