Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sick Time

Ugh.  The flu season has hit full force, and today I'm home from work not feeling good at all.  Fortunately, I was off work last night and am off tonight, so I'll have some time to recover (another 16 hours or so) before I have to get back at it.  To be honest, I don't know if I'm cut out for the 70+ hour work weeks, so we'll see how long the second job lasts.  We are really making such good progress even without the two second jobs that it wouldn't disappoint me too much to see at least one of them go.  On the other hand, if we can get out of credit card debt this year (or by first quarter of '09), I'm sure the extra effort will be worth it.

I have been trying to sleep most of the day (and all last evening and night), which has put a damper on debt reduction this week, and my wife's been working enough that getting by the bank has been difficult, so this week's update may end up being a fairly small one.  However, I get paid at Wal-mart this week, so there will be some extra for next week.

1 comment:

  1. The effort you're making to pay off so much debt each week is amazing. I would have a hard time working my day job and then turn around to do another part time job on top of that. Getting sick isn't fun but I hope it's not because you're overdoing it just to pay off the debt. I guess if you can tough it out for a few months, by all means I wouldn't stop from reaching that goal.

    ReplyDelete